Terri L. Heard is a former TV Guide writer and assignment editor who lives and writes in Philadelphia, PA She is currently working on a feature-length screenplay, “Game Change,” which combines James Brown’s “The Big Payback” with the 2015 film “The Big Short.” Visit her online portfolio at www.tlheard.weebly.com.
This giddy gift of a show is on the bubble and may not live to see a 3rd season. Stop the insanity! Sign the petition to save the show! They have over 3000 signatures. They need 25,000. Here’s WHY you should sign:
1. This is the closest we’re ever gonna get to that “Robin Hood: Men in Tights” sequel we’ve been craving. (Don’t look away; you know you have…)
2. This is what Kevin Costner’s “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves” SHOULD have been. (Alan Rickman knew it; that’s why he amped up his Sheriff of Nottingham into the madcap marquee draw that took over the movie).
3. Keep triple threat Timothy Omundson employed! He can do drama (“Judging Amy”), comedy (“Psych”) and musicals (“Galavant” and, oh yeah – “Psych: The Musical”). Let’s show those limey Brits our American actors can keep pace too!
4. Did I mention Men. In. Tights? Yeessssss!!
5. Let your fairy tale flag fly without fear! Yeah I know you’ve got that princess gown stuffed in the back of your closet and those happily ever after dreams bottled up in the back of your head. Okay yeah, real life has stomped out your hope for a happily ever after. Who you think you fooling? Come on, come out of the closet, that’s right, come on out, loud and proud – “I love fairy tales damn it but I’m still cool…ish.” *grin*
6. You know you wept every time you heard Bryan Adams’ “Everything I Do (I Do It For You).” Don’t be ashamed. And where else are you going to get your weekly fix of romantic heroes, uplifting music, and soul-saving snark? Sing it with me now “Gaaaaaalllll -a-vaaaannnnttttt!” …and sign the petition (I have!)
(Pssst…you don’t have to donate, just sign…)
Read more about the Save Galavant campaign.